Monday, October 1, 2007

Sunflower

I have such a sweet husband! He is a great daddy too. Kimberlyn and Andy were spending time together. She loves going to lunch every Wed.--just the two of them. It is their special time. Well, they were driving down a back road that has fields on both sides. The fields were full of beautiful sunflowers. Kimberlyn pointed them out. Andy, being the hero that he is, pulled over. He went out into the field and picked his daughter a flower. He went back to the truck and handed his princess her prize. She was all smiles. And then---SCREAMS!!! I guess there was a little stowaway on her beautiful flower. She screamed bloody murder because her daddy had handed her an ant. So her knight in shining armor grabbed the flower and shook the ant off. Happy ending after all! It figures that when you try, it never works out. :) I laughed for hours when Andy came home and told me about his botched attempt to woo his daughter. I guess she will be hard to please in the dating world--when she’s 30! But she still talks about the flower that daddy gave her everytime we drive down that road. I guess her memory is selective.

No comments:

Post a Comment