Monday, January 14, 2008

Our Children's Personalities


It is always so fun to see how your children, although raised in the same home, have completely different outlooks on life. Here are a few examples:


Story #1

Jachin and Kimberlyn were with my parents while we were in Haiti picking up Bo. Kimberlyn was in a bad mood and Papa was trying to handle the situation. So he said the infamous words, Happiness is a choice. Well, Jachin responded that Jesus wants us to be happy. Then Papa said, “I choose to be happy.” Jachin said, “I choose to be happy.” Kimberlyn said, “I choose to be sad.” My dad was baffled. Then Jachin responded, “Well, then your going to Hell.”

Conclusion: Jachin is black and white. Kimberlyn is not affected by guilt.


Story #2


Bo is 2 years old. He has proved that many times the last 3 weeks. He has also become more comfortable with us. Well the typical situation has happened many times where we say No, Bo smiles, and he does it again. But the interesting thing is that you can change his mood with a simple tool.....a ball! If he is crying and in a bad mood, you can simply bring out a ball and he suddenly cheers up. I hope this continues his whole life!

Conclusion: Boys are easily distracted.


More stories to come I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment