Monday, April 1, 2013

Berline's March Update 2013



Happy Spring from God’s Littlest Angels, Andrew and Christy!
Another month has raced by us here in Haiti. It is hard to believe that spring (or rainy season in Haiti’s case) is already among us.  We are seeing files move and progress in the adoption process and our Fort Jacques property has seen some significant transformation this month.  We are looking forward to meeting many of you in the coming weeks and we continue to pray that the rest of the files in IBESR come out so very soon!  It has been and continues to be a great encouragement to us all to have families coming to pick up their children and many more families on their way to meet their kiddos for the first time.  I know I am greatly blessed by each adoptive family that visits.  Not only is watching a child unite with his or her family an answer to prayer but your words of encouragement do not go unappreciated, each kind word you offer to us is the “fuel” we use to keep doing what the Lord has called us to here in Haiti.   Thank you for welcoming Berline into your hearts and home.  We cannot wait until she is in your arms!  “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.”  Mark 9:37
I am looking forward to the day you get to come and pick up Berline!  I know the day is drawing near and I just pray that the time flies past us faster than any of us expect.  I am glad you met Berline last year and I look forward to the day you get to come and see her growth and development for yourself. 
This month I put together a “collage” of six photos that, I hope, can give you a little insight into the life of Berline here at God’s Littlest Angels.  I know waiting for your adoptive child to make their way home is a difficult task but I pray that you can rest assured that they are getting the best care we are able to provide to them as they wait for you to come pick them up.  I hope you enjoy this month’s candid photos with a brief description of what some of Berline’s day looks like.
As you can see from her candid photos this month, Berline is happy and content to do most things throughout her day.  She enjoys spending time with the other girls her age doing homework, coloring, or just looking at books.  She seems to like going to school and is typically enthusiastic and willing to participate in anything happening in school.  This past weekend the older kids made a trip to Fort Jacques to play in the nearby field and visit the GLA property.  Berline seemed to enjoy herself and was especially excited to race with the girls her age.  Overall Berline has had a great month and I know she is looking forward to your next trip here!

Berline is healthy and growing:
Height: 132 cm
Weight: 60 lb

No comments:

Post a Comment