Saturday, October 11, 2008

Jachin's Theology


Recently Jachin and I were discussing sin. I was telling him how we should try not to sin, because it pleases God. I told him if he did sin though, that God would forgive him. I was trying to stress the importance of pleasing God, not the importance of rule following--more the motive behind the action. So here is what Jachin responded with:


So sinning is like riding a bike and falling down. You don’t die....but you might get hurt. But you should just get back up and keep trying. You should just keep going.


Or it is like driving a car and taking a wrong turn. You won’t die, but it might take you longer to get where you are going.



I was completely shocked at how well he understood. I thought these simple examples truly illustrated sin. So I guess I ended up being the one who learned something.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have just had the most wonderful experience reading all of your blogs and looking at all the pictures. What a beautiful web page. I guess the next set of pictures will be of the children on Extreme Sports - snowboarding and skiing for children. The pictures are great. It was almost like being there just not as cold!! This web page is a great way to vicariously share in your family experiences. thanks for sharing them with us.

    Love you
    Mom (Mimi)
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 04:54 PM

    ReplyDelete