Monday, March 23, 2009

I was hungry and you gave me food....

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me....Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.

--Jesus



As a mother I needed this encouragement! I have read this passage in Matthew a million times, and in fact it is the title of my orphan blog. I have always referred to the poor when reading this, but I heard a wonderful podcast that applied this to parenting. Parenting? But how many times do we get worn out as mothers and forget that what we are doing, as mundane as it seems, is a form of worship. When we wipe noses, kitchen counters, and bottoms we are doing that unto Jesus. When we feed and clothe the helpless infants and toddlers that God gave us, we should realize that our actions are as important as clothing THE KING. What a great reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment