Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day of School


What a big day! Jachin started Kindergarten today--all day Kindergarten. He is so excited to eat lunch at school. He has been talking all month about how he is a Kindergartner now, so he can do anything. He thinks he is all grown up now. We have to keep reminding him that a Kindergartner is not an adult. That surprised him. He suddenly wants to take showers. He didn’t want Andy to kiss him the other day. He asked what else Kindergartners do, and of course we used that to our advantage. We told him that they take out the trash every Monday (that is our trash pickup day). Three of the kids that were in his Pre-K class last year are in his class this year with Mrs. Hughes. One little girl lives across the street from us. I know Jachin is going to have a blast, but I am a little sad. What am I going to do until 2:45?

Kimberlyn has open house today to meet her teacher and look around the preschool. Her first actual school day is Tues. She is so ready to make friends of her own. She has been making up friends names and stories. We really do know one little girl already. Kimberlyn can’t wait to see her. Last night when Jachin and I were making his lunch for school, Kimberlyn wanted to make her lunch too (she doesn’t eat lunch at school). She wants to be just like her brother. She will only go on Tues. and Thurs. for 2 1/2 hours. I thought Bo would be here by now, so I never prepared myself for two mornings a week by myself. What am I going to do? I am sure I can figure something out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment