Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fun Memories


2000-Don't we look young?

I thought it would be fun to start our family journal with a brief history. Our family began in 1998 when Andy and I were married in Norman, OK. We graduated from OBU, got married, and moved to DFW. I started working as an RN for the first time in the NICU at Parkland. Andy started seminary. We lived in a little apartment for way too much rent. I worked nights and Andy went to class/work during the day. But really it wasn’t so bad because we didn’t know what married life was like anyway. It was all so new and exciting. It is funny to think back on the emotions and perspectives. We thought we were busy, tired, and poor. Little did we know that parenthood would later change that paradigm. We lived in the DFW area for a year and a half. We moved back to Norman and Andy became a college ministry intern and commuted to DFW for school. I worked at Baptist Hospital in the NICU. Soon Andy was hired as the college minister. When we received the wonderful news that Jachin was on his way, we bought our very first house. We moved when I was pregnant, so I got out of the heavy lifting. Jachin was born on Dec. 26, 2001. He was an easy delightful baby. I enjoyed going part-time at work to stay home with our beautiful boy. Kimberlyn came on Nov. 29, 2003 a few weeks early, but healthy. She was just precious. Although not as easy, she was such a joy. And then in 2006 we began the process of adopting our adorable little boy, Bo, from Haiti. To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment